9.14.2007

Cyberslacking, Cyberloafing, or Cyberbludging

Today, I was introduced to the word 'Goldbricking', which refers to the practice of using one's internet access for personal use, while maintaining the appearance of working.

In tribute to my newly enriched vocabulary, I thought I'd share a means of internet procrastinating that I came across somewhere.

Step 1: Go to google,
Step 2: put your name followed by the words 'likes to' in quotation marks (for example "Bismarck likes to"),
Step 3: share the first ten results.

Here are mine (spot the references to Ariel Sharon, Sharon Osborne, and elementary material):
  1. "An award winning speaker, Sharon likes to combine reading excerpts from her book with a dynamic presentation comparing the traditional "war model" for communicating with the new, Powerful Non-Defensive Communication model she has created."
  2. "Sharon likes to read, listen to music, and run."
  3. "Sharon likes to pose as a caring, maternal mentor."
  4. "Sharon likes to say that he stands up to terrorists to show he is not afraid. In fact, his policies are driven by fear."
  5. "Sharon likes to say she's “lived 50 lives in 50 years” and it sounds a fairly conservative estimate."
  6. "Sharon likes to play with her blocks and her drum but she doesn't like to share."
  7. "Sharon likes to draw. Hector is good at spelling. They like different things. They are both special."
  8. "Sharon likes to talk.. .so I let her do all the talking."
  9. "Sharon likes to cook, can’t you tell!"
  10. "Sharon likes to sew or iron while Stan does the budget on the computer."

My favourites are numbers 6, 8, 9, and 3.

The site from which number 6 is from gave me this comic:


Debra, did you make this comic?

2 comments:

Ohayon said...

bahahahahahahaha. If I made it your hair would look much more unkempt, and the font used would be century gothic, but I do like where they are going

Stephen M said...

From Stephen at UBC (I got ones about Stephen Colbert, Stephen King, and some gay guy in New York...):

Stephen likes to stare.

Stephen likes to wear striped shirts. He's about my size. I like being with Stephen because he's friendly and he cheers me up when I'm sad.

(To wit, is there one single person in the entire span of the universe who gives one-fifth of a flying fuck what Stephen likes to listen to?)

Stephen likes to call those Thatchers. Stephen will show how he got his mammoth swinging sack, with tales of courage and vital documents from his own life...

What else to say, Stephen likes to play with balls, as his cover picture shows. He also loves dogs. Literally. I always wondered why his dog was so happy...