8.02.2005

It takes one to know one

It’s amazing how fast time flies during the summer. It is hard to believe that school has been out for three months, and that there is only a few weeks left before it starts again.

However, rather than talking about my summer, I’m going to take up the challenge offered to me by Anastasia to come up with 5 reasons why I’m a dork. Apparently this exercise should lead to interesting results.

1. I have an unnatural and consuming love for excel.

2. I helped organize a knitting night. It was lots of fun. (Since I now knit, curl, and play bridge, I think I should start planning my retirement.)

3. I make nerdy comparisons. For example:
-I think there is an interesting correlation between the current papal succession and CBS anchorman succession (one old white man replaced by an even older, slightly more conservative, white man).
-I compare major sporting events to debate tournaments. To me, the Masters Games was the Diefenbaker of the sporting world, whereas the IAAF was like McGoun and the Olympics are like Worlds.
-I think that Stephen Harper’s makeover is the Canadian equivalent of the “I want to be a Hilton” reality show.

4. I often ponder how Miss Manners would advise one to eat twizzlers.

5. When reading the latest Harry Potter book, I was irked at the ubiquitous use of the words “oi,” “oho,” and “wonkers.” However, that was mostly redeemed by the profuse use of the word “snogging.”
That was fun. You should try it too.

No comments: