10.30.2005

Looking perpetually freshly-showered

While driving home on the QE2 highway today, I had the distinct misfortune of driving behind a motorized hunk of blue metal controlled by the worst driver I have ever encountered.
Never before have I wanted to euthanize a car before. Stupid women drivers. I really don't know why they license women to drive. I know some of us mean well, but of all the people to put in control of dangerous machines...

Speaking of the QE2 highway, the functions of monarchies in present societies are fascinating. As far as I can tell, being Queen Elizabeth the Second means having her picture on coins and in Alberta the monarchy means regal purple signs for a renamed highway.

On that note, I have a few quick questions:
Does throwing coins in fountains constitute defacing the Queen? (I don't think that she would appreciate being left below water.)
Does naming a ridiculously frustrating and usually slow moving highway after the Queen constitute as a terrible insult? (If so, is the Alberta government guilty of treason?)

No comments: