11.23.2005

Flapping my wings but I still can't fly

My best friend is studying in Cambridge.

For Halloween she carved a pumpkin and named it Rodney. Apparently that is the name of a rather flamboyant TV show character and her co-carver re-named the pumpkin Bruce. (Apparently Halloween isn't as celebrated in the old world like it is here in the new world.)

She is studying polar studies at the Scott Polar Institute.
(She's really smart.)
She sent me a penguin named Ponko.
He's cute and smells like soap.
He isn't very adversarial, so he isn't debating at Hugill like Bismarck did.
But he is very soft and huggable and against demanding journalists to reveal their sources.

I miss you Tinna!

In other news, my nonagenarian grandmother volunteered to come along to Ireland if anyone needs an extra judge.

No comments: