11.12.2005

Saturday Nights Live

Saturday nights are awesome. There is the default presumption that nothing productive will be done that night, and there is no expectation to do anything the next morning.

Last Saturday night, I played poker for the first time in my life. I understand the game, I've seen it played before, however, I had never had the opportunity to play. I was part of an 8-player poker game that kept me out well into Sunday morning, and it was Fantastic. There also appears to be some sort of poker-competency in my genes; alternately I had some wicked beginners luck, because somehow I won.

This Saturday night, I was watching the Toronto-Montreal hockey game. I was getting really sick of the fact that most of the rinks in the league still read "Thank You Fans" in mid-November. We get the point, the NHL apologizes that it wasn't on the air last year, because it meant we had to watch stupid TV shows or lesser sports games and the NHL lost a lot of revenue. But it's freakin' November, stop "thanking" us already. Fortunately, in Montreal they share my sentiment, and they got rid of the icy thank you note. Now if only they could've beaten the Leafs.

As well, tomorrow is one of three CFL games that is worth watching in the year. And Edmonton cannot possibly be that crappy two games in a row, right?

2 comments:

occam said...

Is your CFL team still the Eskimos? Isn't that politially incorrect now? Down here in Arizona there is some talk that the Arizona Sun Devils may need to be changed. Ah, PC, ain't it great? I like your longer postings, let's me see more of your mind. Woo hoo.

Sharon said...

Our CFL team is indeed still the Eskimos. Politically incorrect? Maybe. However, I think that in recent memory people have been bending over too far backwards to try and appease everyone.