1.29.2006

Emergency Rations

I go out to dinner with my grandparents on a regular basis. If there are candies at the end that no one takes, my grandmother will take them (or tell me to take them) and explain that they should be put them away for emergency rations. While in general I think wasting candy is bad, I'm guessing this is a habit left over from living through a great war.

I guess having dined with my grandmother so frequently, her mentality has rubbed off on me. While traveling through Ireland, Erin and I always made sure that we had emergency rations.

Random fact: the orange Fanta in Ireland tastes a million times better than the orange Fanta in London. (I have no idea how the English ruined Fanta, but the stuff in London tasted awful.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What I want to know is how Fanta cornered the overseas soft drink market.

- Mustafa Hirji

Sharon said...

I think the better questions is how Fanta didn't corner the soft drink market on this side of the world. Coca Cola has a good thing going with Fanta, why not let North America partake?