1.30.2006

Mondays - A waste of one seventh of your life

I used to have the (perhaps unfounded) notion that Mondays were the worst day of the week. Maybe the title of "Black Monday" is giving this weekday a bad name, or perhaps the fact that after every "Bloody Sunday" people have to awake the next morning to a Monday of cleaning, disinfecting, and despair. Or maybe it's the fact that I like sleeping in and enjoying weekends and Mondays are the first non-weekend day of the week.

But today I realized Mondays can be good too. I came home this afternoon to find my living-in-Alberta cheque (proof that while money may not grow on trees it seems to come from the ground). Furthermore, the National Post now has three suduko puzzles a day instead of one. As well, I had strawberries with my dinner and they did not talk back.

All in all, today made me realize that Mondays aren't the problem, rather the problem is Tuesdays, they're the worst sort of Mondays.

No comments: