1.20.2006

Worst pick-up line ever

Having gone through my pictures from Ireland I noticed a disturbing trend: about 36% of them feature beds in them. Often it's trying to see how many people can be crammed on a bed, sometimes it's people jumping on beds, and occasionally it's tickle fights that happened to take place in a hotel room so beds are in the picture (although those may not have made their way onto any internet platform) and some of them were just random.

As well, in Ireland, we discovered that the best way to wake up someone in another room was by banging the headboard. It worked if the other room shared a wall or if it was a floor down or across the hall.

On an unrelated note, going to vote in the upcoming election makes me feel dirty. I know that my $1.75 is going to have to go to someone and I don't like that thought.

In light of all this I've decided to make the requisite "worst pick-up line I've ever had used on me in earnest" post. Apparently the thought of pillow fights and politicians reminds me of sleazy pick-up lines.

First the honourable mentions contributed by some friends.

In third place:
Him: They call me coffee because I'm the finest grind in town.

In second place (from Shawna):
Him: What winks and is great in the sack?
Her: What?
Him: *wink*

And the winner is (straight from some guy in my first year class, and I'm not kidding, he actually used this in earnest):
"Will you be the only car in my hoe train?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Municipal, provincial, and federal elections really need a 'none of the above' choice. Too bad that it's tough to work returning the $1.75 to the voter if they vote for NotA....

"Steve Smith" said...

Sharon: your vote will not result in $1.75 going to a party if you vote for anybody other than the Liberals, Conservatives, Blocquistes, New Democrats, or Greens. Depending on where you live, you may not have any other options, but I thought you may want to know all the same.