5.12.2006

Like Zebras and Duct tape and Peanut Butter Sandwiches

There are a lot of things happening in the world: Iran is a mess; Sri Lanka moves closer to a civil war with the latest outbreak of violence; and the Oilers came back from being down 2 goals to score 5 unanswered ones (will that be symbolic of what happens in the series? Will more pucks go soaring through the air to land on the stick of an oilers? Will people stop calling Whyte Ave the blue mile?).

But rather than discussing those issues, it's time for a formulaic post. Having discussed issues that actually interest me, I resist analysis by ensuring they remain in a list (of 3, as per usual). I will change the topic, I will make mention of something well-known or mundane or trivial, and I will then make a qualifying comment about the initial topic, which I will use as a segue into a random piece of news that sparked my attention, but does not necessarily stand alone.

I have a sister.
Her name is Debra.
Hi Debra!
She is studying architecture.

According to an architect on a documentary on CBC, apparently Canadian architecture is cutting edge. The Canadian pavilion at some architecture thing (10th International Architecture Exhibition) is SweaterLodge. Basically, the concept is dressing a pavilion in a giant orange fleece.


Apparently, Canada is all about our fleece.

Once the project is done, the fleece will be recycled into scarves and mittens. Finally Canada can clothe an entire third world country in orange fleece. I wonder if it cures hunger.

No comments: